Lyssa is a highly motivated, solution oriented Management Consultant. Lyssa is skilled in training strategy, change enablement, and process optimization. She thrives when faced with problems that have not been solved, and is talented at bringing people together to create the most engaging content.
M.S. Engineering Management
B.S. Chemical Engineering
USC, 2015, Magna Cum Laude
Management Consultant | Accenture | March 2016 - Present
Internet and Media Company
April 2017- Present
- Manage incubation and change strategy for 15 cross functional operational workstreams accross 3 business units for a hypergrowth client.
- Support cross program growth of over 300% with no impact to process quality in one year.
- Develop and deliver one to five week training programs to over 150 team members in Mumbai, Warsaw, and Denver.
- Liaison between co-located leads and clients.
- Create and present materials for C-suite and VP level client stakeholders.
- Implement process improvement plan which reduced rework by over 20 percentage points over 3 months.
- Mentor and manage a team of 4 analysts and consultants and 4 trainers.
- Author responses to RFPs to expand scope of work.
- Lead people team to maintain team engagement and morale.
- Develop business requirements and coordinate vendor selection process for a technical software implementation.
- Owner of completion of 12 deliverables.
- Create detailed process maps of end to end business processes in Visio.
- Write vendor demos based on critical business requirements, and own all scorecards for vendor selection.
- Manage relationships between client Department Leads and Project Manager.
- Implement Agile project methodologies to improve project completion.
VENDOR SELECTION LEAD
august 2016- April 2017
Public Service Client
March 2016-august 2016
- Support over 250 County of Los Angeles employees as they went live on a new internal large scale technology system.
- Facilitate training and deliver ad hoc refreshers for new users.
- Lead relationship with the Site Directors and implementation team.
- Escalate defects through appropriate channels.
- Participate in Great Place to Work team.
- Part of the Summer Analyst Program.
- Participated in test activities for the Quality Team and the Technology Architecture team.
- Own all test cases for system change orders (~4 per week).
- Write J-Unit Java test code to ensure integrity of Technology Architecture work. Improve testing efficiency by over 75% in 2 months.
- Participate in the Summer Student Leadership Conference.
- Organize events for all Los Angeles Interns.
Public Services Client
SUmmer 2014 and 2015
- USC Recruitment | AIC Lead (3 years) - organize an event for over 40 USC Students to participate in a national case competition.
- Communications & Media Hub | Special Events Lead (1 year) - responsible for planning 1-2 events per quarter for industry professionals.
- SoCal Social | Venue Lead (2 years) - responsible for maintaining a budget of ~$50,000 to obtain venue, decorations, and food for an event for over 600 Los Angeles employees.
- SoCal Analyst Action Team | Social Lead (2 years) - coordinated 1-2 social events per quarter for all Los Angeles analysts.
USC Viterbi School of Engineering Department of Admissions
June 2015 - December 2015
- Graduate school associate in the Engineering Department of Admissions.
- Coordinated and revamped annual On Campus Event (Discover USC) for all prospective USC students (over 5,000 attendees). Managed 8 lab tours, 4 breakout sessions, 30 student orgs, and 45 employees and volunteers for the day.
- Redesigned the USC Admissions website.
- Conducted interviews for prospective students to contribute to their admissions file.
- Part of a team of 30 students responsible for demonstrating what life at USC is like for engineering students.
- Reorganized team and executed a new organizational structure as co-chair of program.
- Communications lead responsible for all external communications to students. Maintained team website, produced 8 videos about engineering life, managed 4 social media outlets, and eecuted mailing campaigns to prospective students.
- Attended 6-8 hours of recruitment related events per week.
VITERBI STUDENT AMBASSADOR
JUNE 2012 - JUNE 2015
- Communication and Public Speaking
- International Teams
- Agile and Scrum Methodologies
- Tableau (Novice)
- Java (Novice)
- Matlab (Novice)
- Web Design
- Jira (Novice)
AWARDS AND HONORS
- Accenture Analyst Case Competition Winner
- Accenture Gratitude Program Winner
- Al Dorman Future Leader Award
- Viterbi Presidential Scholar
- Viterbi Research Grant Winner
- Skull and Daggar Scholarship Recipient
- VSA of the Year